Sunday 14 December 2014

Blogmas Day #14: Christmas Traditions


Hi guys!

So, today I've been at work, thus not had much time to prep a thorough post for Blogmas. Therefore, I thought I'd write one that's short but sweet about my annual Christmas traditions  including the countdown to Christmas too of course!

So, without further ado:

1. The X Factor UK usually signals the countdown until Christmas as it begins in late August and takes us all the way up to December. It's never too early to start counting down! The final is tonight, and it's been a yearly tradition ever since I began watching in 2005 as a lil' eight year old, and Shayne Ward won. Still the day when you'd see the excitement of the winners single being produced onto CD!

2. Getting an advent calendar of course! This is an easy way to countdown the days until Christmas. Daily chocolate? Count me in!

3. Blasting out Christmas tunes. Whether this be on the NOW Christmas compilation, music channels or on the radio. Working in retail as of this year has made them even more omnipresent than usual!

4. Getting out the Christmas jumpers. Yes, it was Christmas jumper day a mere two days ago, but of course it will be worn again on Christmas day!

5. Family time. Not only with the ones I live with, but with other family members that come up especially. Such a wonderful day! 

6. THE TV. The annual programmes I look forward to are the yearly Eastenders episode which pulls the dramatic storylines out of the bag. The yearly return of Top of the Pops is also very much appreciated by this music lover! The Queen's speech is also a must for my grandma, haha!

7. The FOOD. I'm one of the most fussy eaters known to man, but even I can't resist a bit of pigs in blankets. 

8. The pulling of crackers! I love how we all wear the crowns, strangely anticipate what they will contain (although usually tweezers!) and cringe at the corny jokes! Only at Christmas!

9. The thought that counts. Opening all of our gifts that we've bought for each other is so wonderful, and seeing how much thought has been put in by everyone in the attempt to bring happiness is incredible.

10. Rounding it off with a Christmas film. No doubt I'll finally get to see Frozen this year!

I hope you guys enjoyed! What are your own favourite Christmas traditions?

Thanks for reading,

Jade xx

10 comments:

  1. I love traditions! I hope you're enjoying the finals, they're about to announce the results!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely, aren't they! Did you think it was the right winner? I do because I thought the winners song suited him more!

      Jade x
      jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yes they're so lovely to chill out to :D

      Jade x
      jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

      Delete
  3. Great post! :) Spending time with the family is the best!

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, I totally agree! :D

      Jade x
      jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

      Delete
  4. The TV at Christmas is always really good!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?? Can't wait!

      Jade x
      jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

      Delete
  5. I love the word Blogmas! Awesome!! :) Great posts!

    http://honeybeeslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's pretty cool, isn't it?! Thank you so much, lovely! :)

      Jade x
      jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

      Delete